Monday, October 19, 2009

Welcome to After the Muster!

I'll be using the blog to keep in touch with friends and family and keep you updated on my adventures as part of the Americorps National Civilian Community Corps, which works with communities and non-profit organizations on projects relating to disaster relief, education, public safety, the environment, and other unmet needs.

I'm currently based out of the campus in Sacramento, California undergoing the Corps Training Institute, which will prepare us for our year of service. Upon arrival, we were divided up into "pods," which are temporary groups of about 12 people who eat together, work together and share the same schedule during the course of our training. Every morning and evening, our pod gathers for a "muster," which is a meeting where we get information on the week's events. On this blog, I'll be passing on updates to you!

1 comment:

  1. I subscribed to your posts so I can join in the fun a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete